Global Karuta Project
About the project
- The Global Karuta Project is a worldwide project to create original karuta cards with children from all over the world.
- Starting in the UK in 2011, creative karuta workshops have been held in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Japan and Sri Lanka.
- In the UK, inter-school karuta competitions were held three times.
- As a result, a wide variety of karuta with themes such as ‘hometown’, ‘fair trade’, ‘international understanding’ and ‘sister city’ was completed.
- Since 2015, in cooperation with two karuta organisations, the Karuta 2020 project has been promoted and the ‘Karuta set of 200 countries’ was completed in 2021.